What is Local SEO and Why it Matters
If you have the opportunity to run your own small business you know the importance of reaching your local customers. Your business is there to serve your neighbors and they in return will spread the word on the products and services you offer. That is why knowing how to use local SEO strategies properly is so important. We at GroFire can provide this service for you as well as give you some helpful tips like the ones listed below when it comes to local SEO and why it matters.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is actually a critical component when it comes to having an effective online presence in your local community. It helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they’re looking for them. Local SEO uses a variety of strategies — getting your site ranked on search engines like Google, business directories such as Yelp, Foursquare, Yellowbook, Bing, and localized content on your website, online reviews and other strategies. When your customer is looking for a product or service that you happen to be providing in your area, you want your business to come up on multiple search engines.
Why Local SEO?
There are many reasons why you should implement local SEO strategies into your marketing plan. Listed below are just a few of the reasons why local SEO is so important for your business.
- Local customers are turning to the internet to find local businesses – on desktop AND mobile.
- Local search marketing is highly targeted and timely, meaning, any local searchers are looking for a specific business’ name, but many who search don’t have a specific business in mind when they begin their hunt. By using local search tactics you can better position your business and promote what you have to offer to local customers when they’re looking for your type of business.
- Mobile Internet is Growing- More and more customers use mobile phones or tablets to find the best local businesses while they’re on the go.
- 88% of Local Consumers Trust Online Business Reviews.
- Local Customers Rely on the Internet to Find Information About Your Business.
- Many of the best local SEO opportunities are free.
Implementing a Local SEO strategy is the best way to get word out to your neighbors about the products and services you offer. If you need help with implementing this strategy your friends at GroFire are here to help. We specialize in creating local SEO strategies. For more information about local SEO make sure you give us a call or check out our website today.